Monday, August 24, 2009

The Tax Accountant Manager


The day after my date with Mr. Teacher, I go on date with another someone new. This guy is the manager of a bunch of tax accountants. I’m sure there are some jokes in there somewhere, but I can’t think of any at the moment.

Anyways, he picks me up and we go off to the climbing gym. He’s a pretty avid climber but needs to get back into it after an injury-induced two-month vacation. At first I get the impression that he might be a show-off, but as the day goes on, I change my mind.

Mr. Tax Accountant Manager is actually a very laid-back, sweet, simple man. He loves to spend time in the mountains, grew up in the hills with Native American friends who took him to the sweat lodge a lot of weekends. After school, he’d saddle up a horse and ride or go out on his own to do some fishing. He said when he first started climbing, they didn’t have any of the gear they have now-he had to go out with his hammer and pound the gear into the rock.

It’s hard to explain the connection we seem to have. There’s nothing exactly concrete I can put my finger on, but it just feels comfortable to be around him. My heart does a little leap when I mention something about my meditation practice and he says something in response that sounds like he is truly on the same page spiritually.

There’s a nice even mix between the depth and the goofiness. I get the sense that here’s a guy who could handle my silly side and has a healthy dose of it himself.

After climbing, he takes me out to lunch. We spend some time talking about some “real” life issues we’ve had going on. I love the way he openly shares of himself and love even more the way he listens. I also love looking into his eyes. You could say that I am, in a word, twitterpated.

This becomes evident when he takes me home and I, usually being a bit shy in these types of situations, pull him in for a good-bye kiss. I don’t know who is more surprised by this-him or me. But, life is too short to always play by the rules. It was nice to feel like I could let myself fall a little knowing there are other fish in the sea-some of whom I also have a good connection and attraction with.

Who knows where this will lead. Perhaps I will never hear from any of them again. In that case, it will still be a blessing just to have the chance to experience these moments. I feel very lucky to be where I am. When I walk into the house, my roommate immediately asks me what’s going on. The huge grin on my face says it all….

No comments:

Post a Comment